So, we were supposed to leave Cape Town at 8pm two nights ago, BUT we got delayed. Go figure. The winds were too strong, making the waves too rough for us to get out of the port without our stabilizers on (you must have your stabilizers off while entering/exiting ports). We didn’t end up getting out of the port til 8am the next day, putting us 12 hours behind. I hope we make it to Mauritius! I spent all day yesterday either in class, sleeping or cramming for our first Global Studies exam which was today. It was 100 questions multiple choice, and everyone was freaking out. I am still so warn out from South Africa, and it probably doesn’t help that I am sick. Yesterday I napped for 3 hours! And today I am probably going to sleep the whole day because I have no classes, only the exam. You are supposed to work hard and play hard, but I did the reverse. Play hard in Namibia and South Africa, work hard yesterday, and sleep hard today! I woke up at 5:30 today to study for the Global exam. I don’t think I have ever studied so hard for an exam before. They told us that about 40% of people fail the first exam, so we are all freaking out. At least all 700 of us have to study for the same thing. I had the breakfast of champions this morning. Croissant with ham, eggs, cheese, and some fruit on the side. So delicious. Oh yea, and tons of coffee. Just have to keep reminding myself that . . . Only 2 more days after today until Mauritius, until paradise! And then the day after Mauritius we have our Sea Olympics which is a whole day of fun. Can’t wait. Then after that four days until India. Gotta love it.
I miss South Africa so much. I miss the food, the scenery, the people. I miss the restaurants, the nightlife, the weather. *SIGH*
1 comment:
Hi Chrissy,
It sounds like you played to hard and got run down enough to get sick. Sometimes you need to just stop and rest. Your trip so far sounds like it has far exceeded your expectations, I guess we will see what India brings. Be Safe, stay well.
Love Uncle Vinnie and aunt Mel
Post a Comment